Updated Aug 25, 2013 - 3:34 pm
Arizona Cardinals announce preseason roster cuts
The Arizona Cardinals announced they have released 10 players during a round of preseason roster cuts.
The players who didn't make the grade include tackle Joe Caprioglio, kicker Dan Carpenter, wide receiver Jarett Dillard, wide receiver Nick Edwards, center Deveric Gallington, defensive end Cordian Hagans, linebacker Korey Jones, defensive tackle Jonathan Mathis, quarterback Caleb Terbush and cornerback Ronnie Yell.
The most prominent name on the list is Carpenter, who the team signed last week to compete with Jay Feely. Carpenter, who saw a field goal attempt blocked against the San Diego Chargers on Saturday, failed to impress.
The Cardinals also will move linebacker Dan Giordano, who is nursing a toe injury, to the reserve/PUP list.
The cuts come as the Cardinals get closer to having their 53-player regular season roster set.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?