Updated Dec 4, 2013 - 2:16 pm
Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Bruce Arians said Michael Floyd (ankle) and Andre Ellington (knee) were not likely to practice. He didn't sound particularly concerned about the receiver's availability for Sunday, however, and Floyd was catching passes on the side during the portion of practice that was open to the media.
- Linebacker Daryl Washington knows tight ends have given the Cardinals trouble this year, but says it's the same all around the league and does not seem to think it's as big a deal as some do. "It's a small adjustment, and it will happen this Sunday," he said.
- Seems to be a strong focus on the fact that the Cardinals have not won an NFC West game since Week 1 of last season. Pretty much every player on the team -- coach, too -- has brought that up.
Stat of the Day
The last time the Cardinals beat the Rams was on Nov. 27, 2011, by way of a 23-20 score in St. Louis. In that game, Beanie Wells set a franchise-record by gaining 228 yards on 27 carries. He also scored a touchdown.
Quote of the Day
"It felt great," guard Jonathan Cooper said when asked how it felt to finally get his walking boot off. "I was just happy to walk again, so that was the biggest thing -- not being uneven with wearing a boot and all that, so that was great."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On December 4, 1994, the Cardinals went into Houston and destroyed the Oilers 30-12.
Jay Schroeder completed 12-of-20 passes for 176 yards with one touchdown and one interception, Gary Clark hauled in six receptions for 120 yards and a touchdown while Garrison Hearst, Ronald Moore, Mark Higgs and Larry Centers combined for 159 yards and two touchdowns on the ground in the win.
On the other side, the Cardinals tallied four sacks of Oilers QB Billy Joe Tolliver, who completed just 11-of-31 passes for 184 yards with four interceptions. The Cardinals forced six turnovers overall.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.