Updated Dec 4, 2013 - 2:16 pm
Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Bruce Arians said Michael Floyd (ankle) and Andre Ellington (knee) were not likely to practice. He didn't sound particularly concerned about the receiver's availability for Sunday, however, and Floyd was catching passes on the side during the portion of practice that was open to the media.
- Linebacker Daryl Washington knows tight ends have given the Cardinals trouble this year, but says it's the same all around the league and does not seem to think it's as big a deal as some do. "It's a small adjustment, and it will happen this Sunday," he said.
- Seems to be a strong focus on the fact that the Cardinals have not won an NFC West game since Week 1 of last season. Pretty much every player on the team -- coach, too -- has brought that up.
Stat of the Day
The last time the Cardinals beat the Rams was on Nov. 27, 2011, by way of a 23-20 score in St. Louis. In that game, Beanie Wells set a franchise-record by gaining 228 yards on 27 carries. He also scored a touchdown.
Quote of the Day
"It felt great," guard Jonathan Cooper said when asked how it felt to finally get his walking boot off. "I was just happy to walk again, so that was the biggest thing -- not being uneven with wearing a boot and all that, so that was great."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On December 4, 1994, the Cardinals went into Houston and destroyed the Oilers 30-12.
Jay Schroeder completed 12-of-20 passes for 176 yards with one touchdown and one interception, Gary Clark hauled in six receptions for 120 yards and a touchdown while Garrison Hearst, Ronald Moore, Mark Higgs and Larry Centers combined for 159 yards and two touchdowns on the ground in the win.
On the other side, the Cardinals tallied four sacks of Oilers QB Billy Joe Tolliver, who completed just 11-of-31 passes for 184 yards with four interceptions. The Cardinals forced six turnovers overall.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.