Updated Jan 15, 2014 - 3:43 pm
Arizona Cardinals tried out 'Kickalicious', Havard Rugland
Just had a tryout with the Arizona Cardinals. It went great! Grateful for the opportunity.— Håvard Rugland (@MrRugland) January 15, 2014
Rugland is better known as "Kickalicious" due to a YouTube video that shows him making good on a variety of trick-shot kicks.
Rugland had never kicked in an NFL game until last preseason when he was a member of the Detroit Lions. He connected on both of his extra points and all three of his field goal attempts, including one from 50 yards out.
The Cardinals could be in the market for a new kicker with Jay Feely set to become a free agent after four seasons with the team.
Last season, the veteran was 30-for-36 on field goal attempts and made all 37 of his extra points, though his pair of misses in the season finale along with less-than-pinpoint accuracy on his final kickoff, which ended up resulting in a big return for the 49ers, did not help his cause.
"Jay is an unrestricted free agent, so it will be all business from here on out," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said after the season when asked about how he felt about Feely moving forward. "I love Jay to death. He was a captain. Wish he would have kicked that last kickoff down the middle."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.