PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
But according to ProFootballTalk.com, they may soon be out of the race.
The website reported Sunday that all signs point toward Albert signing with the Miami Dolphins shortly after free agents can sign contracts on Tuesday. Teams were allowed to enter negotiations with free agents this weekend.
The Dolphins nearly traded for Albert last year, according to PFT, before the tackle entered his final season with the Kansas City Chiefs.
Albert has been one of the Cardinals' top targets this season, if not their No. 1 target. Arizona defensive lineman Darnell Dockett tweeted last week that Albert was his "new teammate," though Dockett has a long history of odd tweets.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?