Updated Sep 29, 2012 - 9:14 pm
Eaton breaks hand, done for season
Unfortunately, Eaton's 21-game sample will be all the Diamondbacks' front office has to go off of heading into the off-season.
Eaton was hit on his right hand by Justin Beliveau during the 7th inning of Diamondbacks' 8-2 victory over the Cubs Saturday. He finished the inning on the bases, before being lifted for Tyler Graham.
Initially, Kirk Gibson told reporters after the game that Eaton's wrist was "pretty swollen." X-rays revealed that the rookie's injury was a little more serious than a simple bone bruise.
According to the Diamondbacks' Twitter account , Eaton has sustained a fracture to his right hand. He will need 6-8 weeks to recover and will not be available for the team's final four games of the season.
In 21 games, Eaton batted .247 with two home runs, two triples, three stolen bases and five RBI.
Charlie Feinerman contributed to this report
- D-backs outfielder Mark Trumbo has quiet night in return, records one hit
- Lincecum, Giants stifle D-backs in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs reinstate Mark Trumbo from disabled list
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Miguel Montero added to NL All-Star roster
- Fox Sports' Rosenthal provides list of 'untouchable' Arizona Diamondbacks
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Thursday July 10Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider, discusses the latest MLB news and rumors.
- Whatís on your mind? - Thursday July 10Vince Marotta says whatís on his mind.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 10Derrick Hall shares his thoughts on what the D-backs could do before the trade deadline.
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 9D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about the state of the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs manager - Tuesday July 8D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the changes his clubhouse has gone through recently.
- Nick Ahmed, Diamondbacks infielder - Tuesday July 8D-backs infielder Nick Ahmed talks about the changes since being called up.
- Jeff Passan, MLB columnist for Yahoo! Sports - Monday July 7Yahoo! Sports MLB columnist Jeff Passan was surprised the D-backs didnít get more for Brandon McCart