Updated Sep 29, 2012 - 9:14 pm
Eaton breaks hand, done for season
Unfortunately, Eaton's 21-game sample will be all the Diamondbacks' front office has to go off of heading into the off-season.
Eaton was hit on his right hand by Justin Beliveau during the 7th inning of Diamondbacks' 8-2 victory over the Cubs Saturday. He finished the inning on the bases, before being lifted for Tyler Graham.
Initially, Kirk Gibson told reporters after the game that Eaton's wrist was "pretty swollen." X-rays revealed that the rookie's injury was a little more serious than a simple bone bruise.
According to the Diamondbacks' Twitter account , Eaton has sustained a fracture to his right hand. He will need 6-8 weeks to recover and will not be available for the team's final four games of the season.
In 21 games, Eaton batted .247 with two home runs, two triples, three stolen bases and five RBI.
Charlie Feinerman contributed to this report
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.