Eaton breaks hand, done for season
Unfortunately, Eaton's 21-game sample will be all the Diamondbacks' front office has to go off of heading into the off-season.
Eaton was hit on his right hand by Justin Beliveau during the 7th inning of Diamondbacks' 8-2 victory over the Cubs Saturday. He finished the inning on the bases, before being lifted for Tyler Graham.
Initially, Kirk Gibson told reporters after the game that Eaton's wrist was "pretty swollen." X-rays revealed that the rookie's injury was a little more serious than a simple bone bruise.
According to the Diamondbacks' Twitter account , Eaton has sustained a fracture to his right hand. He will need 6-8 weeks to recover and will not be available for the team's final four games of the season.
In 21 games, Eaton batted .247 with two home runs, two triples, three stolen bases and five RBI.
Charlie Feinerman contributed to this report
- Kevin Towers, Dbacks GM - Wednesday June 19General Manager Kevin Towers joins Doug and Wolf following a thrilling DBacks victory to give an upd
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.