Updated Sep 29, 2012 - 9:14 pm
Eaton breaks hand, done for season
Unfortunately, Eaton's 21-game sample will be all the Diamondbacks' front office has to go off of heading into the off-season.
Eaton was hit on his right hand by Justin Beliveau during the 7th inning of Diamondbacks' 8-2 victory over the Cubs Saturday. He finished the inning on the bases, before being lifted for Tyler Graham.
Initially, Kirk Gibson told reporters after the game that Eaton's wrist was "pretty swollen." X-rays revealed that the rookie's injury was a little more serious than a simple bone bruise.
According to the Diamondbacks' Twitter account , Eaton has sustained a fracture to his right hand. He will need 6-8 weeks to recover and will not be available for the team's final four games of the season.
In 21 games, Eaton batted .247 with two home runs, two triples, three stolen bases and five RBI.
Charlie Feinerman contributed to this report
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Plate call overturned in D-backs' loss
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.