Updated Sep 29, 2012 - 9:14 pm
Eaton breaks hand, done for season
Unfortunately, Eaton's 21-game sample will be all the Diamondbacks' front office has to go off of heading into the off-season.
Eaton was hit on his right hand by Justin Beliveau during the 7th inning of Diamondbacks' 8-2 victory over the Cubs Saturday. He finished the inning on the bases, before being lifted for Tyler Graham.
Initially, Kirk Gibson told reporters after the game that Eaton's wrist was "pretty swollen." X-rays revealed that the rookie's injury was a little more serious than a simple bone bruise.
According to the Diamondbacks' Twitter account , Eaton has sustained a fracture to his right hand. He will need 6-8 weeks to recover and will not be available for the team's final four games of the season.
In 21 games, Eaton batted .247 with two home runs, two triples, three stolen bases and five RBI.
Charlie Feinerman contributed to this report
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Arizona Diamondbacks' GM Kevin Towers on why he traded Tyler Skaggs
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.