Updated Feb 25, 2013 - 2:29 pm
Diamondbacks rotation begins to take shape
The six-year veteran had a 15-12 record with a 4.02 ERA in 2012, but went 21-4 with a 2.88 ERA in 2011.
Following Kennedy will be Trevor Cahill, Wade Miley and Brandon McCarthy in that order, according to Gibson.
Cahill put together a 13-12 record with a 3.78 ERA in his first year as a D-back in 2012.
Miley led all D-backs starters with 16 wins and a 3.33 ERA as a rookie last season.
In Oakland, McCarthy started the 2012 season with a 8-6 record and 3.24 ERA for the A's before a season-ending concussion put him out in September.
The fifth spot in the rotation is still up for grabs between Randall Delgado, Tyler Skaggs and Patrick Corbin.
- D-backs' GM Kevin Towers: If improvement doesn't happen, 'heads are gonna roll'
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest outing
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?