Updated Feb 25, 2013 - 5:56 pm
Diamondbacks make mistakes in loss to Royals
Pitcher Randall Delgado made his debut for Arizona, lasting one inning and giving up six hits and five runs, with four of those runs earned. Delgado and manager Kirk Gibson both said the pitcher's command was off, but neither seemed concerned with it at this point.
The D-backs also recorded two errors Monday against Kansas City, and veteran Willie Bloomquist misplayed a ball in left field.
"You're going to make errors at this point. You don't want to make them," said Gibson. "We brought a real young crew over here, all of our pitchers are real young. We talk about the things that happen and we try to correct them."
The Diamondbacks are now 1-2 on the spring season and have scored 14 runs in three games while allowing 33.
Up next the D-backs will split their squad Tuesday with one group hosting the Oakland A's at Salt River Fields 1:10 p.m. The other group will head to Tempe to play the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at 1:05. Josh Collmenter will get the start against the A's and lefty David Holmberg will be on the mound against the Angels.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.