Updated Feb 25, 2013 - 5:56 pm
Diamondbacks make mistakes in loss to Royals
Pitcher Randall Delgado made his debut for Arizona, lasting one inning and giving up six hits and five runs, with four of those runs earned. Delgado and manager Kirk Gibson both said the pitcher's command was off, but neither seemed concerned with it at this point.
The D-backs also recorded two errors Monday against Kansas City, and veteran Willie Bloomquist misplayed a ball in left field.
"You're going to make errors at this point. You don't want to make them," said Gibson. "We brought a real young crew over here, all of our pitchers are real young. We talk about the things that happen and we try to correct them."
The Diamondbacks are now 1-2 on the spring season and have scored 14 runs in three games while allowing 33.
Up next the D-backs will split their squad Tuesday with one group hosting the Oakland A's at Salt River Fields 1:10 p.m. The other group will head to Tempe to play the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at 1:05. Josh Collmenter will get the start against the A's and lefty David Holmberg will be on the mound against the Angels.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.