Updated Feb 25, 2013 - 5:56 pm
Diamondbacks make mistakes in loss to Royals
Pitcher Randall Delgado made his debut for Arizona, lasting one inning and giving up six hits and five runs, with four of those runs earned. Delgado and manager Kirk Gibson both said the pitcher's command was off, but neither seemed concerned with it at this point.
The D-backs also recorded two errors Monday against Kansas City, and veteran Willie Bloomquist misplayed a ball in left field.
"You're going to make errors at this point. You don't want to make them," said Gibson. "We brought a real young crew over here, all of our pitchers are real young. We talk about the things that happen and we try to correct them."
The Diamondbacks are now 1-2 on the spring season and have scored 14 runs in three games while allowing 33.
Up next the D-backs will split their squad Tuesday with one group hosting the Oakland A's at Salt River Fields 1:10 p.m. The other group will head to Tempe to play the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at 1:05. Josh Collmenter will get the start against the A's and lefty David Holmberg will be on the mound against the Angels.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.