Luis Gonzalez to be inducted into Latin American Sports Hall of Fame
Entering the hall alongside former New York Yankees first baseman Tino Martinez, Gonzalez becomes the 16th Major League Baseball player to be inducted to the Latin American Sports Hall of Fame.
As stated in the Diamondbacks release, Gonzalez is one of only 19 major leaguers to manage at least 2,500 hits, 500 doubles, 350 home runs and 1,000 RBI over the course of his career. Others to accomplish as much include hall of famers Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Willie Mays, Lou Gehrig, Stan Musial, Ted Williams, Cal Ripken Jr. and Eddie Murray, among others.
Gonzalez played 19 major league seasons, posting a .283 lifetime batting average in stints with six teams. He appeared in five All-Star Games, while becoming the Diamondbacks' all-time leader in games played, hits, doubles, home runs, walks, runs, RBI, at-bats, total bases, slugging percentage and on-base percentage.
The Cuban-American currently serves as a special assistant to the team, a position he has held for nearly five years.
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.