Matt Tuiasosopo claimed off waivers by Blue Jays
Tuiasosopo, who will turn 28 in May, was hitting just .118/.205/.147 in 39 plate appearances this spring. He has struck out 14 times while accruing four walks.
The outfielder was selected off of waivers by the Diamondbacks in November, after playing in 81 games for the Detroit Tigers last season, hitting .244/ .351/ .415 in 191 plate appearances. He added seven home runs and 30 RBI to his 2013 efforts.
Tuiasosopo is currently in Sydney, Australia with the Diamondbacks and it is unknown as to when he'll report to Blue Jays camp in Dunedin, Fla.
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.