Matt Tuiasosopo claimed off waivers by Blue Jays
Tuiasosopo, who will turn 28 in May, was hitting just .118/.205/.147 in 39 plate appearances this spring. He has struck out 14 times while accruing four walks.
The outfielder was selected off of waivers by the Diamondbacks in November, after playing in 81 games for the Detroit Tigers last season, hitting .244/ .351/ .415 in 191 plate appearances. He added seven home runs and 30 RBI to his 2013 efforts.
Tuiasosopo is currently in Sydney, Australia with the Diamondbacks and it is unknown as to when he'll report to Blue Jays camp in Dunedin, Fla.
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.