Mark Trumbo's bat dominating early in season
As of Monday, Trumbo leads baseball with six home runs and 18 runs batted in, while batting .233 and slugging .583. His six homers are as much as the rest of the team has hit combined and only one of them was a solo shot.
In his first season as a D-back, the 28-year-old is on pace to hit 65 home runs and drive in 194 runs.
Odds are he won't reach those numbers, but he's certainly on track to break the single-season highs of 34 "Trum-bombs" and 100 RBI he setlast year as a member of the Los Angeles Angels.
Along with being powerful, Trumbo's bat has been timely. Five of his home runs have come with runners on base; he's batting .300 with runners on and .273 when they are in scoring position.
In Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, the left fielder reached the 300-RBI career milestone with his seventh-inning three-run home run, which was also his 101st of his career.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.