Mark Trumbo's bat dominating early in season
As of Monday, Trumbo leads baseball with six home runs and 18 runs batted in, while batting .233 and slugging .583. His six homers are as much as the rest of the team has hit combined and only one of them was a solo shot.
In his first season as a D-back, the 28-year-old is on pace to hit 65 home runs and drive in 194 runs.
Odds are he won't reach those numbers, but he's certainly on track to break the single-season highs of 34 "Trum-bombs" and 100 RBI he setlast year as a member of the Los Angeles Angels.
Along with being powerful, Trumbo's bat has been timely. Five of his home runs have come with runners on base; he's batting .300 with runners on and .273 when they are in scoring position.
In Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, the left fielder reached the 300-RBI career milestone with his seventh-inning three-run home run, which was also his 101st of his career.
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.