Updated Dec 20, 2011 - 1:13 pm
Details of Todd Graham's contract surface
The deal is for five years, and runs through December 31, 2016. Graham's annual salary will be a total of $2 million, consisting of a base salary of $600,000 and $1.4 million in what is described as additional salary. On January 1, 2013, Graham's base salary number will increase by $50,000, and he will receive the same bump in base pay every January 1 thereafter.
Graham will receive bonuses based on Academic Year GPA or Graduation Success Rate by NCAA definition. Those bonuses start at $50,000 annually for a team GPA of 2.60 or 65% graduation success and range up to a maximum of $150,000 for a 2.80 GPA or 85% graduation success.
Team performance bonuses are structured as such:
$25,000 for an appearance in Pac-12 Championship Game
$75,000 additional for a Pac-12 Championship
$250,000 for an appearance in a BCS bowl game
$350,000 for a BCS bowl win
$500,000 for an appearance in the BCS national championship game
$750,000 for a BCS national title
$25,000 for a win in a non-BCS bowl
1 month of annual salary (base and additional) for an appearance in any non-BCS bowl
Anywhere from $50,000 to $900,000 based on regular season wins.
$100,000 for the National Coach of the Year award
$50,000 for any other Coach of the Year award
Arizona State has agreed to pay Graham's obligation to the University of Pittsburgh to cover damages for terminating his contract.
Graham will receive use of two automobiles, or a stipend, tickets to ASU sporting events, golf privileges at ASU Karsten Golf Course, reimbursement of membership fees and monthly dues at a country club and payment of relocation fees.
And, because we're sure you're wondering
Should Graham terminate the contract earlier than December 31, 2016, ASU could require him to pay the university up to $1 million.
Graham also would be prohibited from obtaining employment as a head coach at another Pac-12 school for the remainder of the contract, unless it was approved by the president of the university.
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.