Updated Dec 20, 2011 - 1:13 pm
Details of Todd Graham's contract surface
The deal is for five years, and runs through December 31, 2016. Graham's annual salary will be a total of $2 million, consisting of a base salary of $600,000 and $1.4 million in what is described as additional salary. On January 1, 2013, Graham's base salary number will increase by $50,000, and he will receive the same bump in base pay every January 1 thereafter.
Graham will receive bonuses based on Academic Year GPA or Graduation Success Rate by NCAA definition. Those bonuses start at $50,000 annually for a team GPA of 2.60 or 65% graduation success and range up to a maximum of $150,000 for a 2.80 GPA or 85% graduation success.
Team performance bonuses are structured as such:
$25,000 for an appearance in Pac-12 Championship Game
$75,000 additional for a Pac-12 Championship
$250,000 for an appearance in a BCS bowl game
$350,000 for a BCS bowl win
$500,000 for an appearance in the BCS national championship game
$750,000 for a BCS national title
$25,000 for a win in a non-BCS bowl
1 month of annual salary (base and additional) for an appearance in any non-BCS bowl
Anywhere from $50,000 to $900,000 based on regular season wins.
$100,000 for the National Coach of the Year award
$50,000 for any other Coach of the Year award
Arizona State has agreed to pay Graham's obligation to the University of Pittsburgh to cover damages for terminating his contract.
Graham will receive use of two automobiles, or a stipend, tickets to ASU sporting events, golf privileges at ASU Karsten Golf Course, reimbursement of membership fees and monthly dues at a country club and payment of relocation fees.
And, because we're sure you're wondering
Should Graham terminate the contract earlier than December 31, 2016, ASU could require him to pay the university up to $1 million.
Graham also would be prohibited from obtaining employment as a head coach at another Pac-12 school for the remainder of the contract, unless it was approved by the president of the university.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.