Updated Dec 20, 2011 - 1:13 pm
Details of Todd Graham's contract surface
The deal is for five years, and runs through December 31, 2016. Graham's annual salary will be a total of $2 million, consisting of a base salary of $600,000 and $1.4 million in what is described as additional salary. On January 1, 2013, Graham's base salary number will increase by $50,000, and he will receive the same bump in base pay every January 1 thereafter.
Graham will receive bonuses based on Academic Year GPA or Graduation Success Rate by NCAA definition. Those bonuses start at $50,000 annually for a team GPA of 2.60 or 65% graduation success and range up to a maximum of $150,000 for a 2.80 GPA or 85% graduation success.
Team performance bonuses are structured as such:
$25,000 for an appearance in Pac-12 Championship Game
$75,000 additional for a Pac-12 Championship
$250,000 for an appearance in a BCS bowl game
$350,000 for a BCS bowl win
$500,000 for an appearance in the BCS national championship game
$750,000 for a BCS national title
$25,000 for a win in a non-BCS bowl
1 month of annual salary (base and additional) for an appearance in any non-BCS bowl
Anywhere from $50,000 to $900,000 based on regular season wins.
$100,000 for the National Coach of the Year award
$50,000 for any other Coach of the Year award
Arizona State has agreed to pay Graham's obligation to the University of Pittsburgh to cover damages for terminating his contract.
Graham will receive use of two automobiles, or a stipend, tickets to ASU sporting events, golf privileges at ASU Karsten Golf Course, reimbursement of membership fees and monthly dues at a country club and payment of relocation fees.
And, because we're sure you're wondering
Should Graham terminate the contract earlier than December 31, 2016, ASU could require him to pay the university up to $1 million.
Graham also would be prohibited from obtaining employment as a head coach at another Pac-12 school for the remainder of the contract, unless it was approved by the president of the university.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.