Updated Dec 20, 2011 - 1:13 pm
Details of Todd Graham's contract surface
The deal is for five years, and runs through December 31, 2016. Graham's annual salary will be a total of $2 million, consisting of a base salary of $600,000 and $1.4 million in what is described as additional salary. On January 1, 2013, Graham's base salary number will increase by $50,000, and he will receive the same bump in base pay every January 1 thereafter.
Graham will receive bonuses based on Academic Year GPA or Graduation Success Rate by NCAA definition. Those bonuses start at $50,000 annually for a team GPA of 2.60 or 65% graduation success and range up to a maximum of $150,000 for a 2.80 GPA or 85% graduation success.
Team performance bonuses are structured as such:
$25,000 for an appearance in Pac-12 Championship Game
$75,000 additional for a Pac-12 Championship
$250,000 for an appearance in a BCS bowl game
$350,000 for a BCS bowl win
$500,000 for an appearance in the BCS national championship game
$750,000 for a BCS national title
$25,000 for a win in a non-BCS bowl
1 month of annual salary (base and additional) for an appearance in any non-BCS bowl
Anywhere from $50,000 to $900,000 based on regular season wins.
$100,000 for the National Coach of the Year award
$50,000 for any other Coach of the Year award
Arizona State has agreed to pay Graham's obligation to the University of Pittsburgh to cover damages for terminating his contract.
Graham will receive use of two automobiles, or a stipend, tickets to ASU sporting events, golf privileges at ASU Karsten Golf Course, reimbursement of membership fees and monthly dues at a country club and payment of relocation fees.
And, because we're sure you're wondering
Should Graham terminate the contract earlier than December 31, 2016, ASU could require him to pay the university up to $1 million.
Graham also would be prohibited from obtaining employment as a head coach at another Pac-12 school for the remainder of the contract, unless it was approved by the president of the university.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.