Updated Apr 11, 2013 - 3:18 pm
Arizona coach can't say much about Davonte' Neal...yet
Former Chaparral High School star Davonte' Neal, who played for Notre Dame last year, has reportedly decided to transfer to the University of Arizona.
Neal, who is a former five-star prospect and two-time Gatorade Player of the Year, originally committed to the Fighting Irish over the Wildcats just last year.
"We're in the process of talking with him and getting all the paperwork that needs to be done in that process," was all Rodriguez would tell Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "So hopefully there will be more details later."
Neal had one catch for -5 yards as a freshman last season, and returned 21 punts for 46 yards. He is leaving Notre Dame to be closer to his newborn daughter in Arizona.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.