Updated Apr 11, 2013 - 3:18 pm
Arizona coach can't say much about Davonte' Neal...yet
Former Chaparral High School star Davonte' Neal, who played for Notre Dame last year, has reportedly decided to transfer to the University of Arizona.
Neal, who is a former five-star prospect and two-time Gatorade Player of the Year, originally committed to the Fighting Irish over the Wildcats just last year.
"We're in the process of talking with him and getting all the paperwork that needs to be done in that process," was all Rodriguez would tell Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "So hopefully there will be more details later."
Neal had one catch for -5 yards as a freshman last season, and returned 21 punts for 46 yards. He is leaving Notre Dame to be closer to his newborn daughter in Arizona.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.