Despite Eagles' loss, former Arizona standout Nick Foles impresses in playoff debut
Foles completed 23 of his 33 passes for 195 yards and two touchdowns in his playoff debut for the Philadelphia Eagles, but it was all for naught as the New Orleans Saints rallied for a 26-24 road victory in the Wild Card showdown.
For a moment, it looked as if Foles would actually play the role of the hero in the City of Brotherly Love, as his three-yard touchdown pass to rookie Zach Ertz put the Eagles on top 24-23 with 4:54 remaining in the contest. However, fellow Dallas Westlake High School alum Drew Brees promptly led New Orleans on a 10-play drive capped off by a Shayne Graham 32-yard field goal as time expired.
Including Saturday's postseason loss, Foles finished 2013 with 3,086 passing yards to go along with 29 touchdowns and two interceptions.
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.