Despite Eagles' loss, former Arizona standout Nick Foles impresses in playoff debut
Foles completed 23 of his 33 passes for 195 yards and two touchdowns in his playoff debut for the Philadelphia Eagles, but it was all for naught as the New Orleans Saints rallied for a 26-24 road victory in the Wild Card showdown.
For a moment, it looked as if Foles would actually play the role of the hero in the City of Brotherly Love, as his three-yard touchdown pass to rookie Zach Ertz put the Eagles on top 24-23 with 4:54 remaining in the contest. However, fellow Dallas Westlake High School alum Drew Brees promptly led New Orleans on a 10-play drive capped off by a Shayne Graham 32-yard field goal as time expired.
Including Saturday's postseason loss, Foles finished 2013 with 3,086 passing yards to go along with 29 touchdowns and two interceptions.
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.