Updated Jan 13, 2014 - 6:26 pm
Arizona Wildcats' Ka'Deem Carey decides to turn pro
The junior has decided to forego his senior season and enter the 2014 NFL Draft.
"I'm excited for the next phase of my career and to enter the NFL Draft," Carey said in a statement released by the school. "I want to thank God, my family, Coach Rodriguez, Coach Magee and all of my coaches for everything they've done for me. My time playing football for Arizona will always be very special to me and I want to thank the fans and the Tucson community for supporting me throughout my career. The future of Arizona football is bright. Bear Down."
As a junior in 2013, Carey tallied 1,885 yards and 19 touchdowns on 349 carries, and averaged 157.1 rushing yards per game.
"Ka'Deem Carey was a great player for us," head coach Rich Rodriguez said in the statement. "We wish him all the best as he pursues his professional career."
Carey leaves school as Arizona's all-time leading rusher with 4,232 yards. He also scored the most rushing touchdowns, with 48, total touchdowns, with 52, and had the most 100-yard games, with 22.
A two-time consensus All-American and 2013's Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year, Carey owns or shares 26 Arizona single-game, season and career records.
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.