Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
The wide receiver, who missed all of last season after tearing the ACL in his left knee during spring ball, will be back with the team and on the field as the Wildcats begin spring camp this year.
"He's still wearing the knee brace, I think it's just more precautionary and all that," Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez said Wednesday. "But he's 100 percent doing everything.
"And he actually looks bigger and stronger. He should have a big spring, and I know he's hungry to get out there too."
In 2012, as a sophomore, Hill caught 81 passes for 1,364 yards and 11 touchdowns.
Hill is set to join what figures to be one of the deepest receiver groups in the country, as it also includes last year's leader, Nate Phillips, along with Texas Transfer Cayleb Jones, Notre Dame transfer DaVonte Neal, Trey Griffey, Garic Wharton, Samajie Grant and David Richards.
"This could be as deep a receiving crew as I've ever coached," Rodriguez said. "Potentially -- and again it's that word potential -- potentially it could be the deepest receiving crew that I've ever been a part of."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.