Reports: Special teams coach Charlie Ragle leaves Arizona to join Cal
Arizona head coach Rich Rodriguez lost a second member of his staff in the past three days on Tuesday when special teams and tight end coach Charlie Ragle reportedly decided to join first-year coach Justin Wilcox’s staff at Cal.
Ragle joined Rodriguez’s staff at Arizona in 2012. The two were familiar because Rodriguez had recruited from Ragle’s Chaparral High School team while the head coach was at Michigan.
Leading to Rodriguez’s hire and his own eventual hire, Ragle was even vetted by former Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne when the Wildcats were in the midst of their head coaching search in 2011.
The Wildcats will now be searching for two assistant replacements, as receivers coach Tony Dews left Arizona over the weekend to take a position with West Virginia.
This offseason, Arizona also lost defensive backs coach Donte Williams, who joined the Nebraska Cornhuskers.
- College analysts, writers react to reported FBI findings against Sean Miller
- Following FBI report, Miller’s, Ayton’s availability up to Arizona
- Arizona cheerleader ejected during Arizona State, Arizona clash
- ASU basketball amped up leading into showdown vs. Arizona
- Former Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez could be named in Title IX lawsuit