Report: Cardinals have private workout with Florida cornerback Teez Tabor
Although the team signed veteran Antoine Bethea to play safety, there is still a hole at cornerback opposite Patrick Peterson.
This is why the team has interest in University of Florida Gators cornerback Teez Tabor (born Jalen), according to NBC Sports NFL Draft writer Josh Norris.
Tabor left Gainesville as a junior after receiving third-team All-American honors last season. He intercepted four passes in both his sophomore and junior seasons with the Gators.
He measured in at 6-feet, 199 pounds and ran a 4.62 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine.
The young cornerback is ranked as the second-best at his position and 11th-best overall player in the draft by ESPN’s Todd McShay.
The Cardinals could use reinforcements in the secondary, as the cornerbacks behind Peterson include veteran Justin Bethel, 2016 third-round pick Brandon Williams and 2016 sixth-round pick Harlan Miller, none of whom has proven themselves up to this point in their careers.
- FiveThirtyEight: Cardinals vs. Rams is NFL’s most pivotal game in Week 7
- Focal points of Cardinals-Rams Week 7 matchup from the numbers
- Vinny and Skinny: Optimism surrounding Cardinals after big win
- Week 7 NFL Injury Report: Arizona Cardinals vs. Los Angeles Rams
- A.Q. Shipley: Combination of Peterson, healthy O-line bodes well for Cardinals