Marshawn Lynch offers free haircuts to kids in Oakland
Marshawn Lynch is offering free haircuts to Oakland k-12 students with good grades.
The haircuts are offered at Lynch’s Beast Mode store in downtown Oakland. Usually a home to Lynch’s retail apparel, it acts as a barber shop on Wednesdays.
USA Today columnist Jarrett Bell tweeted out a photo of a sign that promotes the free haircuts.
According to Larrybrownsports.com, kids with a GPA over 3.00 qualify.
The foundation was started by Lynch and former 49ers quarterback Joshua Johnson, and it aims at mentoring children to show them the importance of education, literacy and self-esteem.
Lynch recently signed to play for his hometown Oakland Raiders after taking a year off in 2016.
- Arizona Sports NFL Power Rankings Week 15: Chiefs rise; Cards plummet
- Loss to Lions keeps Cardinals in competition to earn top NFL Draft pick
- NFL Draft order: Cardinals in second slot after Week 12 loss to Chargers
- Seahawks recreate iconic Allen Iverson moment with celebration
- Steady demeanor, open to change: Cardinals’ Wilks navigates 2-8 season