Reno Aces celebrate Star Wars with Chewbacca bandolier uniforms
Why yes, those Reno Aces jerseys sure do look nice.
The Arizona Diamondbacks’ Triple-A squad celebrated Star Wars night on Saturday by wearing a set of alternate uniforms depicting Chewbacca’s bandolier.
You know Chewbacca, the Wookie from Star Wars.
The Aces paired the Wookie-fur-colored brown jerseys with white pants in the subtle, yet creative way to celebrate the movie series.
And what timing: By beginning his rehab assignment in Triple-A on Saturday, D-backs center fielder A.J. Pollock was among the lucky players to suit up for Star Wars night. He went 1-for-2 with a double and a walk in five innings before he was lifted per the limited return.
In the end, the Las Vegas 51s took C-3P0’s advice.
They let the Wookies win.
- ESPN: Yasmany Tomas has the D-backs’ worst contract
- ESPN’s Olney: Red Sox offered Martinez deal in range of $100 million
- D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
- D-backs reach agreement with Brad Boxberger, avoid arbitration
- D-backs agree to one-year deal with Corbin, avoid arbitration