Why yes, those Reno Aces jerseys sure do look nice.
The Arizona Diamondbacks’ Triple-A squad celebrated Star Wars night on Saturday by wearing a set of alternate uniforms depicting Chewbacca’s bandolier.
You know Chewbacca, the Wookie from Star Wars.
The Aces paired the Wookie-fur-colored brown jerseys with white pants in the subtle, yet creative way to celebrate the movie series.
And what timing: By beginning his rehab assignment in Triple-A on Saturday, D-backs center fielder A.J. Pollock was among the lucky players to suit up for Star Wars night. He went 1-for-2 with a double and a walk in five innings before he was lifted per the limited return.
In the end, the Las Vegas 51s took C-3P0’s advice.
They let the Wookies win.
- D-backs’ pitching struggles from start to finish in loss to Astros
- Five relievers the Diamondbacks can count on for a playoff push
- Interleague to intergalactic: Space-themed D-backs head to Houston
- Lovullo: D-backs ‘wandering’ for four to five games is unacceptable
- Sedona Red Recap: Greinke stymies Astros in D-backs victory