Reno Aces celebrate Star Wars with Chewbacca bandolier uniforms
Why yes, those Reno Aces jerseys sure do look nice.
The Arizona Diamondbacks’ Triple-A squad celebrated Star Wars night on Saturday by wearing a set of alternate uniforms depicting Chewbacca’s bandolier.
You know Chewbacca, the Wookie from Star Wars.
The Aces paired the Wookie-fur-colored brown jerseys with white pants in the subtle, yet creative way to celebrate the movie series.
And what timing: By beginning his rehab assignment in Triple-A on Saturday, D-backs center fielder A.J. Pollock was among the lucky players to suit up for Star Wars night. He went 1-for-2 with a double and a walk in five innings before he was lifted per the limited return.
In the end, the Las Vegas 51s took C-3P0’s advice.
They let the Wookies win.
- D-backs’ Ray has command issues in short outing against Angels
- Minor league teams take on new identities to celebrate diversity
- D-backs option Sherfy, Hazelbaker and Walker; release Bastardo
- D-backs’ pitchers get shelled in loss to the White Sox
- Zack Greinke won’t start for Diamondbacks on Opening Day