Arizona Cardinals to start Kerwynn Williams at running back in Week 2
The Arizona Cardinals will lean on Kerwynn Williams as their lead back going into their Week 2 matchup with the Indianapolis Colts.
The announcement comes after starting running back David Johnson was forced out of Week 1’s contest and beyond with a wrist injury. Williams finished with five carries for 10 yards and a touchdown. He also caught one pass for two yards.
In 22 games as a running back, Williams has 555 yards and four touchdowns.
Williams, who is the team’s primary returner on special teams, will still handle the duties.
- Rapid Reactions: Cardinals struggle in all phases in blowout loss to Atlanta
- Cardinals’ Wilks: Josh Rosen will start next week vs. Rams
- Cardinals suffer familiar feeling of defeat in blowout loss to Falcons
- Arizona Cardinals’ David Johnson scores on 27th birthday
- Deone Bucannon, Budda Baker active, Chad Williams out against Falcons