Phoenix Suns release ‘statement’ black alternate jersey for new season
The Phoenix Suns released their third new jersey for the 2017-18 season Friday, the black alternates.
The uniform in eclipse black features a gray “PHX” wordmark on the front with the classic team colors of purple elsewhere throughout the uniform.
The jersey follows the same theme of their “association” edition jersey and “icon” edition jersey, this time with the “statement” edition.
The team will debut the jerseys on Nov. 24, which is also Black Friday.
The “statement’ editions for each team are “inspired by teams’ desire to make a bold statement the moment they step on the court,” according to a press release.
The “statement” edition jersey for each team was revealed at the NBA’s Nike event by a member of each team. Suns point guard Eric Bledsoe was the representative for the team.
Images of a digital version of the jersey leaked through the new NBA 2K video game earlier in the week and confirm the look.
A “community” Suns uniform combination along with the “classic” look that is expected to honor Phoenix’s first look from 1968-73 are the two jerseys yet to be unveiled.
Home teams will determine what jerseys they will wear at their games.
For those looking to purchase the new jersey, you can sign up on the team’s website.
- Suns dip into in-state pool again by selecting Arizona’s Deandre Ayton
- Suns select Arizona’s Deandre Ayton with first overall pick in NBA Draft
- Arizona Sports 2018 NBA Draft Tracker: Suns make history at No. 1
- Phoenix Suns, Igor Kokoskov finalize 2018-19 coaching staff
- Report: Suns ‘locked in’ on drafting Arizona’s Deandre Ayton No. 1