Phoenix Suns assign Derrick Jones Jr. to Northern Arizona
The Phoenix Suns announced Saturday they had assigned Derrick Jones Jr. to the Northern Arizona Suns, just a day after he was recalled from the G League squad.
The Suns have moved Jones up and down between the G League and the NBA five times this week.
Jones played for Northern Arizona on Thursday night against the Iowa Wolves and scored 11 points with three rebounds and three assists in a 141-140 win. The NAZ Suns play the Wolves again on Saturday.
Jones played two minutes for the Phoenix Suns in their loss to the Magic on Friday.
He has now appeared in five games with the Phoenix Suns this year.
In 19 games with the Northern Arizona Suns last season, Jones averaged 14.5 points on 49.5 percent shooting with 5.6 rebounds and 1.6 blocks in 31.9 minutes.
- NBA Draft Lottery positioning in 2018 could be an all-time race
- By the numbers: Suns face tough odds with remaining schedule
- Elfrid Payton’s first impression with Suns is both encouraging, concerning
- Phoenix Suns’ Devin Booker wins NBA 3-Point Contest 2018
- Larry Nance Jr. pays tribute to father, former Suns player, in dunk contest