The total miles traveled for each MLB team during the season
The 162-game stretch for Major League Baseball teams can be long and grueling, especially when you consider the amount of travel for each team.
In a recent interactive tool published onto MLB.com, each team’s travel during the season was highlighted and marked on a map of the United States.
Of the teams, the Seattle Mariners logged the most travel miles with 40,783 for the 2016-17 season.
The Oakland Athletics with 39,906 and the Los Angeles of Anaheim with 39,125 round out the top three in miles traveled for all teams.
As for the Diamondbacks, they logged the seventh most miles with 36,460.
Coming in last, or if you consider less travel a good thing, first place for the least amount of miles traveled is the Cincinnati Reds with 20,738.
Including the Diamondbacks, three playoff teams from the past season ranked in the top 10 of most travel miles.
The World Series Champion Houston Astros logged the fourth most with 39,080, and the runner-up, the Los Angeles Dodgers ranked ninth overall with 35,967.
The Colorado Rockies and Boston Red Sox, two other playoff teams, cracked the top 15 overall.
- The hot start by the Diamondbacks’ bullpen: By the numbers
- D-backs beat Phillies, become first NL team to reach 16 wins
- Arizona Diamondbacks have lowest Fan Cost Index for 10th straight year
- Swinging for the fences: Chandler bat company finds its way to majors
- D-backs’ Patrick Corbin named NL Player of the Week