D-backs agree to one-year deal with Corbin, avoid arbitration
The Arizona Diamondbacks have avoided arbitration and agreed to a one-year deal with left-handed pitcher Patrick Corbin, the team announced Thursday.
Corbin started in 32 games this season for the D-backs, going 14-13. In 189.2 innings pitched, the lefty struck out 178 batters and posted an ERA of 4.03.
His best month of 2017 came in August when he posted a 4-2 record with a 2.51 ERA through 39.1 innings. His strikeouts rose from 34 in July to 42 in August.
Corbin joined the D-backs in 2012.
With the latest signing, the D-backs have 11 arbitration-eligible players remaining.
- D-backs’ Souza exits Cactus League game after straining right shoulder
- Diamondbacks’ Zack Greinke: My groin is pretty good
- D-backs give inside look at new museum, cabanas at Chase Field
- D-backs introduce Portillo’s, Gonzo’s Grill, Dutch Bros at Chase Field
- D-backs’ Ray has command issues in short outing against Angels