After the second inning of Friday’s game between the Arizona Diamondbacks and Philadelphia Phillies, three spectators in the stands were greeted by a special visitor: their father.
Staff Sergeant Jeremy Colson returned to the Valley earlier this week following an eight-month deployment overseas, and with a little help from the D-backs, he had the opportunity to surprise his three kids Bailey (14), Sophia (10) and Vincent (7) with a memorable reunion during Chase Field’s Budweiser Cheers to the Troops.
Colson has been in the Marine Corps for 11 years and is currently stationed with the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit from Camp Pendleton.
From the smiles on their faces, it looks like the Colson Family is thrilled to have the man of the house back in town.
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity