Nick D’Annibale is 13 years old and was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia two years ago.
But he’s on the comeback trail, but still has up to two years of treatment in his future.
Recently at the MLB Fan Cave, D’Annibale was taking some hacks at pitches in the street, when he was surprised by his favorite New York Yankee, Robinson Cano, who pulled up in an ice cream truck.
What a treat for a young man who has been through a tough time.
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity