It’s a rite of passage for any kid during the summertime.
When the temperature rises, there’s no better way to cool off than with a tasty popsicle or ice cream cone.
Saturday, several lucky kids braved the heat and humidity in Brooklyn long enough to cross paths with the neighborhood ice cream man.
Or, so they thought.
As part of Nike’s “Summer is Serious” campaign, Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant was given the opportunity to double as the ice cream man much to the surprise of his “customers.”
At least for one day, cold treats probably took a back seat to autographs and photo ops.
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity