Josh Jackson to represent Suns at NBA Draft Lottery
The NBA Draft Lottery is one of the most important days of the year for the Phoenix Suns and they will be sending last year’s top pick as their good luck charm.
Josh Jackson will represent the team on May 15, the year after the Suns dropped from No. 2 to fourth in the lottery and selected him with that pick.
The Suns enter the lottery with the best odds of getting the No. 1 pick at 25 percent. The teams behind them in the odds include the Memphis Grizzlies at 19.9 percent, the Dallas Mavericks at 13.8 percent, the Atlanta Hawks at 13.7 percent and the Orlando Magic at 8.8 percent.
Despite the high odds for No. 1, the Suns have the best odds of picking fourth at 35.8 percent. If they were to drop three spots, the Suns would pick fourth for the third straight year. They have never had the No. 1 overall pick.
Guard Devin Booker has been the team’s representative the past two lotteries.
In addition to the pick that will be in the lottery, the Sun own the 16th pick in the first round and are slated to pick at Nos. 31 and 59 in the second round.
- Suns use film, analytics to bolster trust; Bender gives a boost
- Short-handed Suns missing energy, open looks in home loss to Bulls
- Tanking rankings: Suns in mix to earn No. 1 pick
- ‘Shaqtin’ A Fool’ win over Pelicans gives Suns boost as injuries pile up
- Josh Jackson, Devin Booker lift Suns over Pelicans in OT