Get some of Phoenix Rising FC Didier Drogba’s magic water on Saturday
Don’t let them tell you Arizona water isn’t any good.
It might have some magical qualities.
On May 4, Phoenix Rising FC forward Didier Drogba lined up for a corner kick with the team trailing 3-2. He paused to grab a bottle of water from a table manned by two children just off the pitch.
He then casually struck the ball toward the box. Forward Jason Johnson headed it into the net.
— Phoenix Rising FC (@PHXRisingFC) May 5, 2018
Drogba celebrated with the kids by pouring the entire bottle of water on his head.
The goal evened the score up at three, and Phoenix went on to defeat Los Angeles Galaxy II 4-3.
Now, you can get some of the Drogba’s secret stuff, too.
The first 2,500 fans at Saturday’s game against Sacramento Republic FC will receive a bottle with a label that includes the soccer star’s face next to large font that reads “Drogba’s Magic Water.”
A closer look at @didierdrogba’s Magic Water!
— Sam Doerr (@SJDoerr) May 15, 2018
Right beneath poses a question, which the announcer exclaimed after the goal: “What’s in the water?”
Apparently, it’s more than just the typical impurities Arizonans have become accustomed to.
- Watch Phoenix Rising FC’s Jason Johnson score a scissor kick goal
- No. 11 legends meet: Larry Fitzgerald greets Didier Drogba at Suns game
- Phoenix Rising FC reveals 2018 uniforms, announces new sponsor
- Phoenix Rising FC still optimistic after missing MLS cut
- Phoenix Rising FC defeats Portland, clinches first ever playoff berth