49ers’ Marquise Goodwin surprises mother, sister with new home
It didn’t take long for 49ers wide receiver Marquise Goodwin to use some of the money earned from his new contract extension to surprise his family in a big way.
Goodwin unveiled a brand new home to his mother and sister and caught the gesture on video.
With blindfolds covering their eyes and a red carpet leading up to the steps of the house, Goodwin pulled out all the stops to really make the moment meaningful.
Even though the video has no sound, the emotions shown are as real as ever after Goodwin removes the blindfolds, allowing his family to take in the sight for the first time.
“I know mama… I can feel your energy in this video! All the obstacles WE have overcome… Man…I love you so much mama… thank you for EVERYTHING! Especially blessing me with a sis like my Deja!!!” Goodwin said in the Instagram post.
His sister, Deja, is 10 months younger than Goodwin and has cerebral palsy.
The receiver signed a three-year, $18.85 million contract extension with San Francisco in March and from the looks of it, is using the money the right way, helping out those close to him.
The former Olympian sprinter recorded 56 receptions for 962 yards and two touchdowns in his first year with the 49ers.
- Devin Booker pledges to donate $2.5 million to Suns Charities
- Honor student and track athlete calls Westview High ‘second home’
- Northwest Christian senior takes part in sports, service and leadership
- Raiders’ win leaves Cardinals alone atop 2019 NFL Draft order
- Cardinals’ Patrick Peterson spreads holiday cheer with ‘Shop with a Jock’