The Arizona Wildcats, who began the season as the nation’s No. 22 team according to the Amway Coaches Poll, rose to No. 20 in the poll’s Week 2 rankings following their 42-32 victory over Texas-San Antonio last Thursday in Tucson.
The Associated Press Top 25, meanwhile, had Arizona unchanged, once again ranking the Wildcats at No. 22.
Though final result versus UTSA was closer than many had anticipated, the game itself was largely overshadowed by a knee injury suffered by Wildcats star linebacker Scooby Wright. While the injury proved to be less severe than originally feared, the Wildcats are expected to be without their All-American defender until early-to-mid October.
Head coach Rich Rodriguez and his team will head out on the road later this week when they head to Reno to take on Nevada Saturday.
- Surprise! Arizona C Deandre Ayton declares for the NBA Draft
- Arizona upset by Buffalo, bounced from NCAA Tournament
- Arizona, Buffalo prepare for battle of different styles in NCAA Tournament
- SI: Buffalo Bulls are likely to pull off upset against Arizona Wildcats
- ESPN’s Jay Bilas: Deandre Ayton is ‘Hall of Fame good’