The Arizona Wildcats, who began the season as the nation’s No. 22 team according to the Amway Coaches Poll, rose to No. 20 in the poll’s Week 2 rankings following their 42-32 victory over Texas-San Antonio last Thursday in Tucson.
The Associated Press Top 25, meanwhile, had Arizona unchanged, once again ranking the Wildcats at No. 22.
Though final result versus UTSA was closer than many had anticipated, the game itself was largely overshadowed by a knee injury suffered by Wildcats star linebacker Scooby Wright. While the injury proved to be less severe than originally feared, the Wildcats are expected to be without their All-American defender until early-to-mid October.
Head coach Rich Rodriguez and his team will head out on the road later this week when they head to Reno to take on Nevada Saturday.
- Arizona basketball earns commitment from Cornell transfer Stone Gettings
- UA’s Allonzo Trier, Rawle Alkins conclude first NBA Summer League
- Top plays with Arizona ties from the 2017 college football season
- Suns dip into in-state pool again by selecting Arizona’s Deandre Ayton
- ASU’s Harry, UA’s Tate land on Athlon’s preseason All-American team