In what started as a week rife with excitement and anticipation for the Arizona Wildcats, has now officially ended with the ‘Cats licking their wounds and staring at a pair of national (if not irrelevant) polls that doesn’t include them following their 56-30 blowout loss to UCLA in Tucson Saturday night.
Ranked 16th nationally in both the Amway Coaches’ and Associated Press Top 25 just last week, Arizona is now unranked, having received only 72 Top 25 votes in the Coaches’ Poll (second to Michigan’s 84 votes among unranked teams) and 48 Top 25 votes in the AP (behind Toledo’s 68 and Oregon’s 64).
Adding injury to insult, the health of Wildcats quarterback Anu Solomon could also be a question moving forward, as the sophomore signal-caller left Saturday’s game with an apparent head injury.
Arizona travels to Palo Alto to take on Stanford next Saturday.
- Arizona records eight blocks during the first half against Stanford
- No. 16 Arizona State drops to 2-4 in Pac-12 play after loss to Stanford
- No. 14 Arizona overcomes slow start, runs past Cal
- No. 16 ASU gears up for red-hot Stanford, Pickens
- ‘It’s a historical day’: UA introduces first African-American head football coach