In what started as a week rife with excitement and anticipation for the Arizona Wildcats, has now officially ended with the ‘Cats licking their wounds and staring at a pair of national (if not irrelevant) polls that doesn’t include them following their 56-30 blowout loss to UCLA in Tucson Saturday night.
Ranked 16th nationally in both the Amway Coaches’ and Associated Press Top 25 just last week, Arizona is now unranked, having received only 72 Top 25 votes in the Coaches’ Poll (second to Michigan’s 84 votes among unranked teams) and 48 Top 25 votes in the AP (behind Toledo’s 68 and Oregon’s 64).
Adding injury to insult, the health of Wildcats quarterback Anu Solomon could also be a question moving forward, as the sophomore signal-caller left Saturday’s game with an apparent head injury.
Arizona travels to Palo Alto to take on Stanford next Saturday.
- Pinnacle basketball star Niccolo Mannion reclassifies to 2019
- Cashing out: Legalized sports gambling raises addiction concerns
- ESPN: Cardinals’ offensive weapons rank among bottom half of NFL
- ‘Deeply problematic’: Cardinals criticized for SCOTUS nominee support
- MLB All-Star Selection Sunday is here for the Arizona Diamondbacks