The Arizona Wildcats are barely holding on when it comes to injuries and losing their best offensive player would be a serious blow.
That would be running back Nick Wilson, who left the Oregon State game on Saturday with an apparent right shoulder injury. Wilson was coming down with the ball after an 18-yard run in the first quarter when an Oregon State defender attempted to strip the ball. He lost the ball, but Wilson was ruled down by contact after a review.
Of course, the more important part of the play was Wilson staying down on the ground in clear pain. He spent the next couple of plays being evaluated on the sidelines.
The first series for the Arizona offense after Wilson’s injury did not have the team’s leading rusher in.
Fortunately for the Wildcats, Wilson would return to the game for the next series.
- Arizona running back JJ Taylor erupts against Oregon State
- Three first quarter touchdowns lead Houston’s offense over Arizona
- Sumlin: Arizona must do more to help QB Tate as a runner vs. Houston
- Arizona basketball’s Ira Lee cited, released for DUI
- Arizona football receives votes, begins outside AP top-25