PHOENIX (AP) — Joshua Braun scored 26 points and Grandy Glaze had a double-double with 15 rebounds and 10 points as Grand Canyon beat Missouri-Kansas City 78-66 Thursday night.
Braun made all 12 of his free throw attempts. Grand Canyon (23-4, 9-2 Western Athletic Conference) ran its win streak to four games while UMKC (10-16, 3-8) fell to 1-12 this season on the road.
Martez Harrison scored 18 points and Lavell Boyd added 13 for the Kangaroos.
The Antelopes used an 11-2 first-half run, with five points coming from Braun’s 3-pointer and two free throws, and led 37-25 at halftime. Braun started the second half with a four-point play, and Gerard Martin followed with a 3 to make it 44-28 with 18 minutes left in the game.
Grand Canyon shot 10 for 20 from 3-point range and 22 for 26 from the free throw line.
- Keonta Vernon finishes with 19 points as GCU beats Grambling State
- Arizona Sports Hall of Fame inducts noteworthy 2017 class
- As GCU completes D-I transition, Pac-12 relationship remains complicated
- Report: Oregon guard, Corona Del Sol product Casey Benson expected to transfer to GCU
- For last time, no March Madness option for GCU