After making a spot start Monday night against the San Francisco Giants at AT&T Park, right-handed pitcher Archie Bradley was optioned by the Arizona Diamondbacks to Triple-A Reno.
Bradley was recalled Sunday to start in place of Rubby De La Rosa, who was pressed into relief action twice before his scheduled turn as Arizona’s fourth starter. Bradley allowed five runs on seven hits while walking four in 4.1 innings during the D-backs’ 9-7, 11-inning win over the Giants.
Bracho, 23, was part of the D-backs’ Opening Day roster and pitched in the first game of the season, allowing one earned run on two hits in 1.1 innings of work. He was optioned to Reno the next day. With the Aces, the right-hander has seen action in four games, posting a 2.25 ERA and six strikeouts in four innings.
- D-backs make five roster moves, send Socrates Brito to Triple-A
- D-backs’ Robbie Ray throws strong outing with Opening Day a possibility
- D-backs uncertain about Zack Greinke’s status for Opening Day
- Portillo’s and Dutch Bros join food options for D-backs at Chase Field
- Tai’s Taco truck hands out free tacos courtesy of D-backs’ Walker