Tyrann Mathieu visits Cardinals fans to spread holiday cheer
To say that 2016 has been a frustrating season for Tyrann Mathieu would be a total understatement.
The campaign started out great for the Arizona Cardinals safety; he got a fat $62 million contract extension in August despite the fact that he was coming back from his second serious knee injury in three seasons.
That’s where the good stuff ended. Mathieu has played in 10 games for the Cardinals so far, registering 33 tackles to go along with an interception and a forced fumble. His presence is always a plus for Arizona, but recovery from his knee injury and a shoulder injury have limited him to the point he’s just not the same force he was in 2015 when he was a favorite for the NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award before getting hurt.
Add in the fact that the Cardinals have won only five games and won’t participate in the postseason, and it’s very much been a lost year for the “Honey Badger.”
He’s not letting it get him down.
Mathieu spent hours on Monday visiting families around the Valley in hopes of spreading holiday cheer. By the looks of the people’s faces in the photos he shared on social media, it looks like he accomplished that.
- Cardinals’ David Johnson explains crucial fourth-quarter play
- Playing time dips for Bucannon and Reddick, Wilks will ‘play the best 11’
- Cardinals rookie quarterback Josh Rosen’s takeover was inevitable
- Arizona Cardinals claim DE Ifeadi Odenigbo, release Jacquies Smith
- Arizona Cardinals name rookie Josh Rosen starting quarterback