Cardinals sign defensive backs Christian Bryant, Brian Dixon
The Arizona Cardinals on Wednesday made official the move to sign safety Chris Bryant off of the New York Giants’ practice squad.
Bryant was with the Cardinals earlier this year, appearing in two games before being released on Nov. 28. A seventh-round selection of the Rams in the 2014 NFL Draft out of Ohio State, he played in nine games for the team in 2015 after spending his rookie season on their practice squad.
Along with the signing of Bryant, the Cardinals added cornerback Brian Dixon off of the New Orleans Saints’ practice squad.
Dixon originally joined the Saints as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2014, and has played in 37 games over the last three seasons. The 6-foot, 195-pound corner has tallied 19 tackles, two forced fumbles, one pass defensed and 22 special teams tackles.
The Cardinals had a need at defensive back after safety Tony Jefferson was placed on injured reserve with an MCL sprain.
The Cardinals made one other move, signing offensive lineman Daniel Munyer to their practice squad. A 6-foot-1, 305-pound center/guard, Munyer joined the NFL with the Chiefs as an undrafted free agent in 2015, and spent time on their practice squad while also appearing in one game.
- Rapid Reactions: Cardinals struggle in all phases in blowout loss to Atlanta
- Cardinals’ Wilks: Josh Rosen will start next week vs. Rams
- Cardinals suffer familiar feeling of defeat in blowout loss to Falcons
- Arizona Cardinals’ David Johnson scores on 27th birthday
- Deone Bucannon, Budda Baker active, Chad Williams out against Falcons