The Arizona Wildcats knew they would play Xavier this Thursday after beating Saint Mary’s on Saturday, but the NCAA Tournament schedule wasn’t set until the final second-round games wrapped on Sunday night.
Arizona found out it will get to play in the late timeslot against coach Sean Miller’s former team. The Wildcats and Musketeers will play in San Jose, Calif., with an expected tip of about 7:15 p.m. MST.
The game will air on TBS.
The start time is contingent on the Gonzaga and West Virginia matchup ending. That game tips at 4:39 p.m. MST.
After two rounds of play, Arizona and Kentucky are the only No. 2 seeds remaining in the Sweet 16 as Louisville and Duke fell Sunday. No. 1 seed Villanova also lost on Sunday, but the other top seeds remain.
- Report: Miller brothers at Arizona, Indiana schedule three-year series
- Arizona Wildcats are taking over the Lakers coaching staff
- Arizona Wildcats unveil new uniforms ahead of 2017 season
- Arizona’s Alkins, Ayton ranked in SI’s top-20 2018 NBA prospects
- Arizona PG Kadeem Allen goes No. 53 to Celtics in NBA Draft