The Ball family has been at the center of attention and controversy in recent months, but it appears the reach of that controversy has now extended down to South America.
Lonzo Ball, the highly-touted NBA prospect projected to be selected near the top of this year’s draft, is often seen sporting clothes from Big Baller Brand, the shoe and apparel company founded by Lonzo, his dad LaVar and brothers LaMelo and LiAngelo.
But “Baller Brand,” an entirely separate enterprise based in Argentina, posted a grievance on Instagram regarding the similarity of the two names:
LaVar has been called a lot of things already. Add “thief” to the list.
Do you think the Ball family ripped off the Baller Brand? Or is it just a coincidence?
- LaVar Ball dancing to ‘Billy Jean’ might be his most big baller move yet
- Suns’ Josh Jackson makes All-NBA Summer League First Team
- Do not ask LaVar Ball for tips on how to enter a wrestling ring
- Suns’ strong drafting not unique among competition in West
- Obviously, LaVar Ball is wearing a Big Baller Brand tie to the NBA Draft