The Ball family has been at the center of attention and controversy in recent months, but it appears the reach of that controversy has now extended down to South America.
Lonzo Ball, the highly-touted NBA prospect projected to be selected near the top of this year’s draft, is often seen sporting clothes from Big Baller Brand, the shoe and apparel company founded by Lonzo, his dad LaVar and brothers LaMelo and LiAngelo.
But “Baller Brand,” an entirely separate enterprise based in Argentina, posted a grievance on Instagram regarding the similarity of the two names:
LaVar has been called a lot of things already. Add “thief” to the list.
Do you think the Ball family ripped off the Baller Brand? Or is it just a coincidence?
- Arizona Sports’ 2017 NBA Mock Draft Tracker
- Franchise PG not available at No. 4? Dennis Smith Jr.’s upside says otherwise
- Early on, it seems like Josh Jackson is the best fit for Phoenix Suns
- Takeaways from Phoenix Suns slipping to No. 4 in NBA Draft Lottery
- Empire of the Suns post-lottery NBA Mock Draft: Josh Jackson to Suns at No. 4