Mercury’s Diana Taurasi suspended one game for hitting opposing player
Phoenix Mercury guard Diana Taurasi has been suspended one game for hitting an opposing player.
Taurasi hit San Antonio Stars forward Dearica Hamby in the back of the head with a forearm during the Mercury’s 78-72 win according to a league press release.
On the play in the second quarter, Taurasi was given a technical foul. The league reviewed the play and rescinded the technical foul and instead upgraded the foul to a flagrant foul two.
The game Taurasi will miss is on Tuesday in Phoenix against the New York Liberty.
In three games this season, Taurasi is averaging 11 points, 2.7 rebounds and 0.7 assists per game.
- The top non-big-4 Arizona pro sports teams of the 2010s
- Report: Suspended Josh Shaw bet on a Cardinals game in parlay
- Williams: Suns undecided on starting Ayton in return, ‘more than likely’ will
- ‘Every day I walked in here to play’: Taurasi, Griner reflect on 2019 season
- Diana Taurasi doubtful as Mercury head to playoffs