Former Sun Devils Graham, Felix teaming up at NBA Summer League
Former Arizona State wings Torian Graham and Carrick Felix were not teammates, but the two Sun Devils will be at NBA’s Summer League in Las Vegas for the Dallas Mavericks.
Graham was ASU’s leading scorer last season after transferring to the school for his last season of college basketball. He averaged 18.6 points and 4.2 rebounds a game. He was not drafted, making the games an audition process for him, whether that’s for the NBA, G League or overseas.
Unlike Graham, Felix was drafted. The Cleveland Cavaliers selected him 33rd overall in the 2013 NBA Draft. Spending most of the season switching from the D-League affiliate to the NBA roster, Felix was traded the next summer to Utah and then was waived.
In November of 2014, Felix was drafted fourth overall in the 2014 NBA Development League Draft but suffered a knee injury and then was waived. This past season, he played for the Brooklyn Nets’ D-League affiliate, posting 9.1 points per game in 34 games.
Dallas plays the Phoenix Suns in Vegas on Sunday at 1:30 p.m.
- Pac-12 releases 2018-19 weekly pairings for ASU, Arizona basketball
- ASU’s Bobby Hurley visits Vegas to support Shannon Evans’ ‘new journey’
- What the preseason college football annuals are saying about Arizona State
- Suns dip into in-state pool again by selecting Arizona’s Deandre Ayton
- Bobby Hurley: Sun Devils will have more lineup options in 2018-19