Zack Greinke pitches to C-3PO in All-Star Game
Flipping channels to FOX on Tuesday night might have had you confused whether you were watching the All-Star Game or Star Wars.
Arizona Diamondbacks ace Zack Greinke was called on to start the sixth inning and when he went out to pitch, he was pitching to C-3PO.
That’s right, Yadier Molina had the gold catching gear on while securing Greinke’s pitches in Miami.
Of course, some had some fun with the look, even if they didn’t agree the catcher looked like C-3PO.
It turns out C-3PO can do more than catch too, as he was called upon to take a picture of Nelson Cruz and home plate umpire Joe West during the game.
When the game ceases to mean something important, like home field advantage in the World Series, apparently all of the shenanigans come out.
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- D-backs’ Goldschmidt finishes third in NL MVP voting, Marlins’ Stanton wins
- J.D. Martinez’s agent keeps making hilarious metaphors
- D-backs’ Greinke finishes fourth in NL Cy Young voting, Ray seventh
- NL MVP: How D-backs’ Goldschmidt stacks up against other two finalists