Mercury reserves score 43 points in win over Sky
ROSEMONT, Ill. — Camille Little scored 19 points, Cayla George had career highs of 14 points and 14 rebounds, and the Phoenix Mercury beat the Chicago Sky 86-80 on Friday night.
Monique Currie hit a 3-pointer to extend Phoenix’s lead to 74-70 and, after Allie Quigley missed a 3, Currie made two free throws for a six-point lead.
On Chicago’s possession with 34.1 seconds left, Courtney Vandersloot missed a layup and got her own rebound but Cappie Pondexter missed another layup. Phoenix’s Danielle Robinson sealed it by making two free throws with 13.6 seconds left for an 82-76 lead.
Currie scored 10 of her 18 points at the free throw line for Phoenix (12-10), which was 29 of 33 at the line compared to Chicago’s eight attempts.
Stefanie Dolson scored a career-high 29 points for Chicago (8-15). Quigley made 4 of 5 3-pointers in the first half and finished with 19 points. Pondexter passed Tamika Catchings for sole possession of sixth in WNBA history with 1,489 assists.
- Phoenix Mercury’s Taurasi, Griner, Bonner earn 2018 All-Star nods
- Griner scores 36, Mercury snap 3-game skid in win over Fever
- Courtney Williams powers Connecticut Sun past Mercury
- Dallas Wings win with balanced attack over Phoenix Mercury
- Phoenix Mercury’s late rally not enough, fall to Atlanta Dream