Cardinals rookie Chad Williams repays mom with special gift
When Arizona Cardinals rookie Chad Williams signed his first professional contract, he knew exactly what was going to be his first purchase.
No, it wasn’t a house or a fancy car for himself.
Instead, it was a special gift for his mother, Lisa Rowe, who he knew how much she wanted to have a car with air conditioning.
“My brother works, so my mom watches my niece a lot,” Williams told azcardinals.com. “Man, my niece can’t be riding around in a hot car. She’s a year-and-a-half almost. She can’t be riding around in a hot car.”
Williams added that getting that car for his mom was the only thing he could think about when he signed his contract in mid-May. He settled for a 2016 Nissan Altima which is priced around $20,000.
- Report: Packers sign tackle Ulrick John from Cardinals’ practice squad
- Cardinals release LB Wheeler, promote TE Seals-Jones to active roster
- Behind Enemy Lines: Arizona Cardinals open home slate against Cowboys
- Cardinals face challenge of stopping focused Dallas RB Ezekiel Elliott
- Dak Prescott offers reminder: Cards haven’t drafted QB of future