Cardinals 2017 fourth-round pick Dorian Johnson signed by Texans
Cardinals fourth-round pick Dorian Johnson was signed off the practice squad by the Houston Texans on Wednesday, and Arizona announced it had replaced him with fellow offensive lineman Givens Price.
Johnson, a 6-foot-5, 300-pound fourth-round pick in 2017, didn’t make it onto the season-opening, 53-man roster despite being drafted to challenge for the right guard role currently occupied by second-year pro Evan Boehm.
The Pittsburgh product then joined the practice squad after clearing waivers.
Price re-joins the Cardinals after having already served time on their practice squad.
The second-year pro was released on Sept. 14 of this year after making one appearance for Arizona last season. The 6-foot-4, 310-pound tackle/guard spent 14 weeks on the practice squad prior to that game and, out of Nebraska, was an undrafted free agent pickup by the Cardinals in 2016.
- Offseason pickups Bynes, Williams play big roles for Cardinals vs. Titans
- Cardinals’ victory over Titans won’t win any beauty contests, but that’s OK
- Rapid Reaction: By beating Titans, Cardinals show fight
- Big Red Recap: Cardinals grind out win over Titans behind stout defense
- Larry Fitzgerald passes Randy Moss for third in NFL career receiving yards