Patrick Peterson nominated for Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award
Pro Bowl cornerback Patrick Peterson might have another trophy he can add to his collection after the completion of this year’s regular season.
Peterson, in his seventh NFL season, has been nominated for the Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award, the Cardinals announced.
The award was established in 2014 and recognizes players who demonstrate good qualities such as sportsmanship, fair play, integrity and respect for the game. The winner will be announced on Feb. 3, the night before this year’s Super Bowl. Larry Fitzgerald won the honor in 2014.
Every team nominated one player from their organization for the award.
The award is named after Art Rooney Sr., the founding owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers. A panel of former players such as Warrick Dunn, Curtis Martin and Leonard Wheeler will select eight finalists from 32 nominees.
The winner will receive a $25,000 donation from the NFL that goes to charity.
- Arians regrets fourth down call vs. Texans: ‘A bad call and a bad decision’
- Rapid Reaction: Cardinals fall to Texans in Gabbert’s first start
- Big Red Recap: Cardinals’ playoff hopes all but dashed in loss to Texans
- Blaine Gabbert should keep playing after first Cardinals start
- Cardinals’ Ricky Seals-Jones is now a famous fantasy football player