Everyone was hyped for Blake Bortles briefly out-dueling Tom Brady
UPDATE: Tom Brady threw a go-ahead touchdown pass to Danny Amendola with 2:48 left to put the New England Patriots ahead of the Jacksonville Jaguars, 24-20, for a come-from-behind win.
Please, please, please don’t let Tom Brady read this headline at halftime of the AFC Championship Game, thus firing him up before he leads the New England Patriots to a comeback win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Through the first half, the Jacksonville Jaguars lead the New England Patriots, 14-10, thanks to a strong defensive effort and some crafty play-calling on offense.
Jacksonville’s run game is doing its thing, but that’s setting up play-action with always-embattled quarterback Blake Bortles.
Bortles completed his first six passes and led the Jags on their first touchdown drive. At halftime, he was 13-of-15 for 155 yards and a touchdown pass to Marcedes Lewis.
Meanwhile, Brady was 12-of-17 for 124 yards — not bad after suffering a mysterious hand injury leading into the AFC Championship, but not good enough (so far) to out-duel the great Blake Bortles, who everyone is super hyped for.
Inevitably, out came the puns, cracks and sarcastic commentary about Bortles’ start.
Suns Interviews and Podcasts
- Arizona Sports NFL Week 3 Power Rankings: Cardinals hit bottom
- Jaguars’ Leonard Fournette helps former trainer pay for school
- Dolphins, Jaguars aim for classic look in jersey unveilings
- Arizona State’s Kalen Ballage could still go Day 2 in NFL Draft
- Patriots reportedly sign former Cardinals tight end Troy Niklas