Mercury forward Sancho Lyttle out for season with torn ACL
Phoenix Mercury starting forward Sancho Lyttle’s season is over.
Lyttle tore her ACL during the Mercury’s game against Washington on Saturday.
The 34-year-old veteran started every game for the Mercury prior to the injury and was an anchor to one of the better defenses in the WNBA.
The Mercury currently sit in first place of the Western Conference and will need to find a way to replace Lyttle’s production in order to continue their early season success.
Lyttle signed with the Mercury as a free agent this winter.
- Mercury deal January, acquire Breland and Coffey in 3-team trade
- Phoenix Mercury have the new big 3 to see, GM Pitman says
- Cardinals’ Keim, Mercury’s Pitman and more: Best of Newsmakers Week Day 5
- Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury agree to multi-year extension
- WNBA, players reach CBA deal that will boost average salary