Suns’ Deandre Ayton buys 300 Mercury playoff tickets for fans
Phoenix Suns rookie center and No. 1 overall pick Deandre Ayton is providing some fans with free playoff basketball.
Ayton purchased 300 playoff tickets for the Phoenix Mercury’s single-elimination showdown on Tuesday with the Dallas Wings at Arizona State University’s Wells Fargo Arena.
If you’re interested in the offer, the tickets can be claimed on a first-come, first served basis on the north side of the arena two hours prior to the 5:30 p.m. tip-off. If you’re with a group, you are allowed to claim up to four tickets.
You might remember Ayton reciting his adoration for Mercury star guard Diana Taurasi in early July.
“I was freaking out,” Ayton said of an interaction in the hallway of Talking Stick Resort Arena. “She said, ‘Hello, great to have you’. I was like starstruck. I was speechless. She’s the Michael Jordan of the WNBA.”
The Mercury enter their sixth-straight playoffs. A WNBA title would mark their fourth as a franchise and tie the league record.
- Mercury deal January, acquire Breland and Coffey in 3-team trade
- ESPN NBA mock draft has Suns selecting Arizona’s Nico Mannion
- Difficult decisions: Hiring and firing always hard for Arizona sports leaders
- Devin Booker slams it home in NBA All-Star Game, social media explodes
- Suns’ Devin Booker rocks custom Kobe, Gigi hoodie at NBA All-Star Game