Cardinals WR Christian Kirk misses practice Thursday after car accident
Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Christian Kirk missed practice Thursday for precautionary reasons after getting into a car accident leaving the practice facility on Wednesday.
Kirk said he received an X-ray and was sore, but he expects to be back at practice Friday.
“They held me out today just precautionary reasons,” he said. “Everything’s all good.”
When Kirk attempted to merge onto the freeway in the rain after practice Wednesday, he came to a standstill, he said. A woman rear-ended his car, totaling it.
She then attempted to flee the scene. Kirk, in his damaged vehicle, pursued.
“I just kind of used all the muscle that was left of (the car) to stay with her and get her license plate at least, and then got on the phone with the police and they were able to stop her,” Kirk said.
“I was like, ‘I’m not about to just let her get away … Somebody’s got to pay for this.'”
Kirk said he was driving an old car and had yet to buy a new vehicle with his contract money.
He and Larry Fitzgerald, who was limited at practice Thursday with a hamstring injury, are the only two Cardinal wide receivers who have caught a pass this season.
- Cardinals’ Vance Joseph believes defense is close, not worried about job
- LB Haason Reddick upbeat as Cardinals search for pass-rush help
- Steelers-Cardinals injury report, Week 14: James Conner out vs. Arizona
- Cardinals’ Kingsbury, Murray the focus of Star Wars-themed animated video
- Cardinals QB Kyler Murray has chance to show how he handles adversity